motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Cornering Optimizing your suspension system.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Cornering

Old 01-23-2006, 03:47 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Default NEW h-sport camber plates!

Yeah, so yesterday I went to this h-sport MINI tech day thing. The big event of the day was h-sports presentation of there new camber plates. They have taken the old ones off the market. As a lot of you probally know the old ones sucked and pretty much everyone who bought them ended up replacing them. The new ones are much more simple and you don't have to drill any extra holes like you did with the last ones. They didn't talk a whole lot about the new plates and they didn't say when they were going to be released but it should be sometime soon so I sure there will be a ton of info pretty soon. The design is pretty much identical to rdr's but with one huge differance.............they're half the price. The h-sport guy said they will probally be in the $250-$350 range! I just wanted to give you guys a heads up because I know a few of you were lookin into getting some camber plates pretty soon and these might be pretty good if you can wait for them.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:53 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by benthevegan
Yeah, so yesterday I went to this h-sport MINI tech day thing. The big event of the day was h-sports presentation of there new camber plates. They have taken the old ones off the market. As a lot of you probally know the old ones sucked and pretty much everyone who bought them ended up replacing them. The new ones are much more simple and you don't have to drill any extra holes like you did with the last ones. They didn't talk a whole lot about the new plates and they didn't say when they were going to be released but it should be sometime soon so I sure there will be a ton of info pretty soon. The design is pretty much identical to rdr's but with one huge differance.............they're half the price. The h-sport guy said they will probally be in the $250-$350 range! I just wanted to give you guys a heads up because I know a few of you were lookin into getting some camber plates pretty soon and these might be pretty good if you can wait for them.
It would certainly be a nice gesture if H-sport offered, at the bare minimum, a sizeable discount for those who bought the original camber plate design. Hmm...
Old 01-23-2006, 04:02 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Yeah, give Mr. hotchkiss a call and ask him........he seemed like a pretty nice guy and it's no seceret that everyone had problems with the original plates. It's worth a try.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:06 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

A good price range...equal to the irelands almost.

A good move by them
Old 01-23-2006, 04:27 AM
μ

One other difference is they will be steel and not aluminum like the rdr. I think the pads on the rdr's are a little bigger but these new plates are a HUGE improvement over the crappy ones they had before.

I was hoping this event was going to go a little more into the tech of suspension but it was still fun and I won 2 tires !!

Ben, It was nice to meet you !

Here is a funny story, kinda ironic actually. I will sum it up as short as possible.

About a year ago I bought my dodge ram 4X4, I wanted to lift it and tried to take the easy route and have someone do it for me, dropped off the truck and a handfull of cash expecting to get my truck back the way I wanted...not how it worked out, big hassle with the shop and crappy workmanship and blah blah blah...I ended up fixing it all myself anyway. Here is the ironic part, I always seem to see the owner of this shop at different events and I always make a point to say hi and remind him in a nice manner who I am...lol well at the hotchkis event the owner of the hacker shop was WORKING for Yokahama..lol too funny, I reminded him and ased what happened to his shop...lol Here is the funniest part at the end of the sales presentations they were giving away prizes, I said to another guy there how funny it would be if I were the one to win the prize from that guy...we laughed and then THEY CALLED MY NAME !!!!! HA HA It was so ironic to see him working for another company and then win a prize from him I cant even use the tires but I am still taking them.

If anyone needs some yoko avs100 215/40/17 I will have 2 shortly that I will give a good deal on. :-)

Best part is I was always nice to the guy no matter how hard I felt I was getting screwed. I guess what goes around comes around.

Anyway thats my story, sorry to have bored you...lol
Old 01-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

It was nice to meet you to Brian!

Yeah, that whole yokohama presentation kinda sucked. They mostly talked about how they aren't just a tire company, they're a 'rubber company'. That's a good story. I hate shitty people but I love it when there bad karma comes back and bites them in the ass.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:42 PM
μ

Very interesting news guys thanks.

And Detlman, that's awesome. WoOt! Free tires.
-G
Old 01-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

when will these be available and such I'm really interested in these
Old 01-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

I'm not really to sure, I think they still have to do more testing. I'd say your best bet is to give h-sport a call and ask them and then report back to us.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:43 PM
μ

any idea if they will allow for top mount adjustments for coils and konis?
Old 01-25-2006, 06:44 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

hmmm, I'm going to call right now, maybe they need an 06 tester
Old 01-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally
any idea if they will allow for top mount adjustments for coils and konis?

there test car was using konis
Old 01-25-2006, 08:24 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by benthevegan
there test car was using konis
Perfection...that was my one problem with the irelands. They said they had to do some custom work and make some special order ones for me
Old 01-25-2006, 08:28 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

3-4 months
Old 01-25-2006, 08:56 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally
Perfection...that was my one problem with the irelands. They said they had to do some custom work and make some special order ones for me
Ireland has now made that custom work the design for the production plates, so no more top-adjustment problem!