motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Tire & Wheel Without wheels & tires, you're going nowhere!

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Tire & Wheel

Old 08-29-2010, 05:45 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to JCC Send a message via MSN to JCC Send a message via Yahoo to JCC
Default Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 at 215 45 17

Got a set put on my S-Lites today. Much nicer than the 205 45 17 Falcon Ziex that I had before that and were on the car when I got it.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Model=Cooper+S

"Blu" R53 '05 HB/B MCS MT 11/27/09 - 8/8/11
B&M SSK | Whalen shift knob | Auto Up | Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 | Way Motor Works 17% pulley installed by Way | DDM Works intercooler air diverter | rear window wiper delete | had big plans..

Motoring ID: QUIK511
Old 08-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

i'm looking at these and some others as my RS2s hit the wear bars. could you define "nicer"?
Old 08-30-2010, 05:39 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to JCC Send a message via MSN to JCC Send a message via Yahoo to JCC

The Hankooks were highly recommended by several other R53 owners with 17" wheels that I know. I think they look really good. Mostly the 215 vs the 205 for me is better. The price was right. The other recommendations were the Kuhmo Ecsta ASX or Yokohama Advan Neova AD08. The Yokos are more expensive than the other two.

B&M SSK | Whalen shift knob | Auto Up | Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 | Way Motor Works 17% pulley installed by Way | DDM Works intercooler air diverter | rear window wiper delete | had big plans..

Old 09-16-2010, 09:19 PM
N Rated - 87 mph

I just had these installed last week when only 2 of the 4 Dunlop Star Specs I ordered showed up......and I needed tires installed that day for a trip (yeah, my friend at the tire place dropped the ball but was quick to order these and had them within an hour).

They are a LOT quieter than the Kumho ASTs they replaced and I would agree with the Car and Driver test last year- they do provide a little less feedback and as a result are deceptively sticky. They were a good second choice for me, a little cheaper than the Dunlops and may last a little longer.

BMW CCA Member # 389948
www.billswebspace.com/mcs
Old 09-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrh3 View Post
I just had these installed last week when only 2 of the 4 Dunlop Star Specs I ordered showed up......and I needed tires installed that day for a trip (yeah, my friend at the tire place dropped the ball but was quick to order these and had them within an hour).

They are a LOT quieter than the Kumho ASTs they replaced and I would agree with the Car and Driver test last year- they do provide a little less feedback and as a result are deceptively sticky. They were a good second choice for me, a little cheaper than the Dunlops and may last a little longer.
I really like them. Just hope I can get my wheels soon and move them from the S-Lites they're on now. Can't wait.