motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Style Share your automotive styles, both inside and out.

Go Back   motoring|underground > Showoffs > Style
Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 07:38 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to justintime Send a message via Yahoo to justintime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyado View Post
lol...did you put your decal on yet?
yup yup

Click the image to open in full size.

mucho gracias

omgzz
Old 12-30-2007, 07:45 AM
H Rated - 130 mph

Send a message via AIM to blackie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justintime View Post
you dont wanna mess with battle, he eats babies for breakfast and has cool mod abilities

He can have 10,000 posts or 1,000,000 posts and eat babies all day long. It doesn't seem like he wants to shed light as much as he likes to wield authority. He could have reconciled this easily enough, but the "people like you" remark was the kerosene and I am sure he knew what he was doing.

To those who were offended by me going for the brass ring I apologize; frankly I thought I managed a few light-hearted lines along the way before the police arrived. But to be called a posting whore by someone with 10,000+ posts seems a bit comical, no matter how long he's been here. I'm sure his posts have all had substance, while I tossed off about 20 to 30 to simply gather quantity (in a single thread mind you). I'm sure this is falling on deaf ears, based on what's mostly come forth so far.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:50 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to glnr13

i welcome you to motoring underground as well as others have on this forum. the negative vibes may have been brought on by a few sarcastic posts and some sh!t talking here and there but this has gone too far.

blackie, step away from the keyboard, crack open a beer, relax. come back when you've cooled down and we can shoot the sh!t. right now you seem enraged by the "people like you" comment and it's not a good thing. no one here is "out to get you"
Old 12-30-2007, 07:52 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to justintime Send a message via Yahoo to justintime

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
He can have 10,000 posts or 1,000,000 posts and eat babies all day long. It doesn't seem like he wants to shed light as much as he likes to wield authority. He could have reconciled this easily enough, but the "people like you" remark was the kerosene and I am sure he knew what he was doing.

To those who were offended by me going for the brass ring I apologize; frankly I thought I managed a few light-hearted lines along the way before the police arrived. But to be called a posting whore by someone with 10,000+ posts seems a bit comical, no matter how long he's been here. I'm sure his posts have all had substance, while I tossed off about 20 to 30 to simply gather quantity (in a single thread mind you). I'm sure this is falling on deaf ears, based on what's mostly come forth so far.
honestly if you want you can put the fire out as well. Just get up and take a small break and forget about the issue and move on before it goes where no one wants it too. ya there was a misunderstanding.. blah blah blah its the internet not middle school. Theres really no reason for everyone to get flustered over something like a sticker anyway.

omgzz
Old 12-30-2007, 07:56 AM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by glnr13 View Post
i welcome you to motoring underground as well as others have on this forum. the negative vibes may have been brought on by a few sarcastic posts and some sh!t talking here and there but this has gone too far.

blackie, step away from the keyboard, crack open a beer, relax. come back when you've cooled down and we can shoot the sh!t. right now you seem enraged by the "people like you" comment and it's not a good thing. no one here is "out to get you"
I appreciate the welcome and the sentiment; that is about the only conciliatory remark I've seen, even though I think I more than adequately explained the deal. As to Battle, I don't buy it; he knew EXACTLY what he was doing. I apologized and I think I'm due one too for that crack, because unlike the ones I made, it wasn't just smack talk. I think bed is better than a beer at this point.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:57 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Work at a Jerrys a little sub/pizza joint here in MD/VA/DC .......
will definately let you know when i am in NYC...

that looks sick!!
np

Quote:
Originally Posted by justintime View Post
yup yup

mucho gracias
Old 12-30-2007, 09:39 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to MrBattle

Quote:
but you seem to enjoy locking horns as much as anyone. Mr Battle? Seems appropriate.
ask pretty much anyone here about me, I'm prolly one of the most layed back people on the boards...

Old 12-30-2007, 09:52 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to MrBattle

Quote:
He can have 10,000 posts or 1,000,000 posts and eat babies all day long. It doesn't seem like he wants to shed light as much as he likes to wield authority.
honestly you were the first person I ever had to actually moderate...

Old 12-30-2007, 12:38 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBattle View Post
honestly you were the first person I ever had to actually moderate...
I guess I ought to be honored then , but people like me have been moderated by even more laid back types than people like you.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:41 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:

Interesting lights in your lower grille. What are they and are they driving lamps? They look more the size of your fog lights and close to what goes on a Scion tC these days.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:34 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Konky

wow, all this for a sticker... haha

Old 12-30-2007, 02:58 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konky View Post
wow, all this for a sticker... haha
The smoking gun lies elsewhere, not even with the thread starter, F.G., but with a few merry pranksters who have not been back yet to comment. I only used the already discharged weapon for target practice.
Old 12-30-2007, 03:38 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

I'm gonna spell everything out here....please read.

This is a forum that is indeed a lot looser and laid back....which is actually why we won't put up with little arguments or squabbles. All the petty back and forth stuff is not welcome here. This place is about hanging out and joking around with friends. Relaxed authority or not, if someone steps in and starts "harshing on those vibes", we'll step up and explain that that stuff isn't cool. Sometime people are used to standing up for themselves and getting the last word in on NAM....so yes, sometimes we have to explain to new people that this place is different.

Jomo made a little joke about hitting 500 posts....the joke is often made everytime someone asks for decals. It wasn't a prank and he wasn't trying to pull the hat over your eyes.....just getting a laugh to evoke a smile. You might have taken him seriously....that's fine.....but spamming the boards is not cool around here either. Someone asked you to stop and you went into defensive mode making a ton of posts arguing with the people who asked you to stop. Ideally....you could have responded and said "oops, my bad, i was just kidding around trying to get to 500".

If you ever take anything too serious on this board....or something is enough to actually upset you on this board.....take a step back, chill, take deep breaths, grab a beer (if it's later than 11am), and really ask yourself if you should be taking it seriously. I'd say that 98% of the time, you can't take what we say seriously.....it's all in good fun on a silly car forum.

We fully welcome you, and I'm sure you can fit in......just lose the concept that any of us are actually against you. You don't need to continue defending yourself. You made a mistake and misunderstood a simple joke....we're not gonna hold that against you. So relax, have fun, check out the other threads here, and I'm sure someone will be contacting you about the M|U decal when they have the time.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:14 PM
μ

Well, I haven't seen this thread in a while (obviously). You know I usually have a way of telling if people are cool or not, I was fishing a little with this cat. I see that he failed and not only that, I really think that he let that comment ruin his Christmas. Wow! I have spent a few minutes catching up on this thread and while trying to keep an open mind as if I weren't even involved, I've noticed that it looks like this kid came over here from NAM because he saw this bad ass sticker and just had to have one. He has no intent on contributing to this forum. I apologize if my little joke has seared your overly thin skin but step back for a minute and look at some of the bull sh!t that you have posted. I think you need help but for now why don't you just go away. You can come back when you have learned how not to be this kid that we have seen post.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Leadership

Quote:
I was set-up and took the bait, so sue me. And as to Flamez offer, I don't need a decal that badly (to be banished to NAM; funny how so many here are in both places, yet sound like they spit on NAM when they they are here), but thanks for offering; I have a feeling that Flamez needs it more than me and I don't have to ask Flamez where the decal needs to be put.
Very nice. Quality posting right from the start.

If you decide to stick around, lose the attitude and get to know us. Frankly, since you are new to the neighborhood, the onus is on you to get a feel for how we interact.

BTW, I was not disparging NAM. Merely pointing out that the sort of inflammatory posting style you have chosen may be more at home there (or here) than m|u.

Last edited by Flamez; 12-30-2007 at 04:18 PM.. Reason: Quick addition
Closed Thread