motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Cornering Optimizing your suspension system.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Cornering

Old 06-27-2013, 08:21 AM
H Rated - 130 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I have nothing to add that hasn't already been stated by others, except that your sig pic is way too big.
It doesn't appear to be much larger than your signature...
| Quicksilver Catback Exhaust | Accessport | Bag Riders | Forge FMIC | Megan Control-Arms | BBS Style-5 | ALTA CAI | ALTA 19mm RSB | Retrofitted Xenons w/ Black Housing And Red Shroud | Yakima Roof Rack | Tints | Black sports stripes | Shorty Antenna | Chrome Delete | A-C Stealth Door Handles | JCW CF Shift Knob |
Old 06-27-2013, 12:38 PM
μ

^ It is high res and takes up a tonne of space. When my screen first loads it is huge, then it is resized to a friendlier size.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
μ

Maybe it's a browser setting for my work computer...

See attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sig.jpg (33.3 KB, 12 views)
Old 06-27-2013, 05:11 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

It's a large image. For some of us, the forum resizes it, but it's still a large file size to load each time.

Quote:
So I could ride at a very low height and control the pressure and make it very stiff at that ride height?
Raising the pressure raises the height...so you could do it but you'd no longer be at the same height.

Like I said, if you find that you want to cruise low and whatever strut you use is at too low of a pressure for you, you have to change the mounting points, stack height, strut length, or bag volume to retain that low height while having a stiffer "spring" rate. That's all speculation though as you don't know what pressure the BagRiders bag setup will be at at the height you consider low.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

If you ride with higher pressure and it's still low, you can park lower when completely aired out.
If you want to ride higher, when you park, it's possible that it wont be as low because of strut length or because of your top mount height.
All depends on how long the strut is or your top mount heights to determine how much pressure you need to be at a specific height. But I'm telling you. Just buy the MkV fronts and you'll be fine. Theyll be pretty stiff at a super low height. You have nothing to worry about if you just got that kit.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:44 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Good stuff.

Sorry about the signature size, everyone, I will definitely change it.

So I'm sold on the bag rider's kit. I decided to go with "MINI COOPER AIR RIDE KIT WITH AUTOPILOT V2 MANAGEMENT"

http://bagriders.com/modlab/products...ANAGEMENT.html

Do you all think this will be good?
| Quicksilver Catback Exhaust | Accessport | Bag Riders | Forge FMIC | Megan Control-Arms | BBS Style-5 | ALTA CAI | ALTA 19mm RSB | Retrofitted Xenons w/ Black Housing And Red Shroud | Yakima Roof Rack | Tints | Black sports stripes | Shorty Antenna | Chrome Delete | A-C Stealth Door Handles | JCW CF Shift Knob |
Old 06-27-2013, 11:24 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

BTW fixed my signature.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:39 PM
μ

Yup, the autopilot is a good setup. I ran the V1 for a long time on the clubman.

PS...you owe me big for this one if you haven't seen it already . $350 off kits using the V2. Just let them know you were talking to "Andrew at StanceWorks" . You only have a few days left though.

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=21
Old 06-27-2013, 11:41 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

How did you like it? Is it worth the extra money to go to V2 or would I be fine with the V1?

Edit: Actually, looking at it now, I don't see a V1 available. Is the V2 just the updated version of V1, not a different kit?
Old 06-27-2013, 11:44 PM
μ

Yeah, V2 is just the updated version and it's much better than the V1. I had my V1 like 2 or 3 years ago

I really liked my V1. They all have their pro's and con's but I definitely recommend Airlift products.

If you didn't see it, I edited my post above with a good discount code for you
Old 07-01-2013, 07:50 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

Can someone explain to me what all needs to be modified to fit, and what the process is like? Bag riders is saying I will need to drill new holes in the rears and modify the front knuckles for the fronts to fit. Doesn't sound very plug and play to me?
Old 07-02-2013, 07:48 AM
H Rated - 130 mph

Hey Rally, did you need new top hats to install the V1? I am thinking about getting some from BC or Megan top hats/camber plates and use them on the new set up. Every heard of this/ would it work?
Old 07-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblackminis View Post
Can someone explain to me what all needs to be modified to fit, and what the process is like? Bag riders is saying I will need to drill new holes in the rears and modify the front knuckles for the fronts to fit. Doesn't sound very plug and play to me?
Uhhh... From what I know of, the rears pretty much bolt right up to your stock upper mounts and after putting the bushings in the bottom of the strut that bolts right up too. The fronts you're supposed to grind out the knuckles a little bit and shave the powder coating off the strut so they will fit and I am pretty sure you have to drill new holes in your strut towers because the MkV GTI fronts won't fit the three factory Mini holes for the upper mounts. Not really a big deal because you just stagger the holes so you can always go back to your stock suspension if you wanted to. Basically this kit is just MkV GTI front bellows and Airlift Universal AOS sleeve style bags for the rear. It is about as close to plug and play as you're going to get for a Mini right now unless you want to get the Airrex ones that don't go low at all.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:09 AM
H Rated - 130 mph

Thanks Nathan, for the info. So the kit does come with new front mounts then? Awesome, one less expense I have that I thought I would have!

How'd you find this out? is there a thread somewhere that shows this being done?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblackminis View Post
Thanks Nathan, for the info. So the kit does come with new front mounts then? Awesome, one less expense I have that I thought I would have!

How'd you find this out? is there a thread somewhere that shows this being done?
Check this thread out. This is my buddy with the clubman who has this same set up.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...-timeline.html