motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Trees & Twisties Canyon carving, touge, tarmac rally... whatever you call it, this is the place to discuss it.

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > Trees & Twisties

Old 04-06-2006, 01:47 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to Wong

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFIbanez
Hmmmm viewing party...

I picked up 3 copies the other day...shoulda asked!
PISSED!!:cussing:
Old 04-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to Cooper_si Send a message via MSN to Cooper_si

i can only get the first version over here.....grrrrrrrr. Looks awesome though
Old 04-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

huh, finally got my copy today... why didn't anyone tell me were all in the background??
Old 04-25-2006, 06:00 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to RFIbanez

We thought you'd be one of the first with a copy...we do have some good cameo's!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

so.. can you get the vid at best buy and other big stores like that yet?????
Old 05-31-2006, 08:45 PM
Banned

Its not even worth buying, i watched it once, and that was more than enough. You can download it off a bit-torrent site. In my opinion the whole layout and aspect of the american TOUGE is dissapointing. Even in the first segment of the video,they laugh about how this is not like their "usual" touge's haha,its a track course in the desert,surrounded by sand/dirt/dust. Anyhow its a big let down,the cars, the course,everything,and the relentless driving from car to car to car to car. When they run it on a true touge,then things will be different and entertaining. With cars that actual run and keep proper pace on a true touge.Not just a bunch of contestants trying to advertise and get their 15minutes of fame.I respect BMI touge segments and their layout to be very entertaining in all their japanese versions,but the american touge,is the biggest let down from BMI in my opinion. Anyhow thats my 2 cents.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:11 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK1980
Its not even worth buying, i watched it once, and that was more than enough. You can download it off a bit-torrent site.
Aw man, don't encourage downloading off of BitTorrent. I love BMI, and it's sad that they won't be able to produce them once a month like they were for awhile, all because people download them online. If you dig BMI, buy the DVDs!

Quote:
In my opinion the whole layout and aspect of the american TOUGE is dissapointing. Even in the first segment of the video,they laugh about how this is not like their "usual" touge's haha,its a track course in the desert,surrounded by sand/dirt/dust. Anyhow its a big let down,the cars, the course,everything,and the relentless driving from car to car to car to car. When they run it on a true touge,then things will be different and entertaining. With cars that actual run and keep proper pace on a true touge.Not just a bunch of contestants trying to advertise and get their 15minutes of fame.I respect BMI touge segments and their layout to be very entertaining in all their japanese versions,but the american touge,is the biggest let down from BMI in my opinion. Anyhow thats my 2 cents.
Agreed. Horse Thief Mile isn't a good representative of true American canyon roads, from what I saw first-hand and in the American Touge series. However, the course used in Japan is not a "true touge", either. It's a bicycle park (Gunsai = Gunma Cycle Sports Center) that they close down for filming. Aside from BMI's contestants, no cars ever traverse those roads.

With that said, the only way we'll ever see a true touge test in the United States is if someone can manage to get the permits, insurance, and safety personnel to close down a piece of genuine American touge. With the politics surrounding canyon driving in the US, it'll be a cold day in hell when that happens!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDiaz
Aw man, don't encourage downloading off of BitTorrent. I love BMI, and it's sad that they won't be able to produce them once a month like they were for awhile, all because people download them online. If you dig BMI, buy the DVDs!
lol,well the thing is, you have to understand where i am coming from, i have literally bought just about every BMI/HV dvd,except the american touge dvd's for the reason being,"i had a good guess what it would be like" and in all the support i have given BMI,I am not supporting american touge,and thats my opinion on if its even worth buying it , in my opinion no,sorry if i offended you by saying bit torrent,I am not saying download all BMI dvd's,its just this specific series which is a let down.Not worth the money.

Quote:
Agreed. Horse Thief Mile isn't a good representative of true American canyon roads, from what I saw first-hand and in the American Touge series. However, the course used in Japan is not a "true touge", either. It's a bicycle park (Gunsai = Gunma Cycle Sports Center) that they close down for filming. Aside from BMI's contestants, no cars ever traverse those roads.
You say what alot of other people say,but i think you overlook the main thing of what i am saying,true touge=mountain road,the gunsai touge is on a cycle sports center,and the road is located on a mountain,that is a true touge,no matter if its a circuit/course or public road.That is what is my point what i am getting across.

Quote:
With that said, the only way we'll ever see a true touge test in the United States is if someone can manage to get the permits, insurance, and safety personnel to close down a piece of genuine American touge. With the politics surrounding canyon driving in the US, it'll be a cold day in hell when that happens!
Have you ever seen a driving movie,where they use public roads/mountains for driving scenes,and film for days on end for certain restricted hours.It can be done,on different specific roads.But i am not going to get into this on here,I believe BMI could have rent a few miles on desolate roads in different national forests all over california,Fast and furious 3 did it on one of the most popular roads around.Some food for thought.
To me BMI doesnt take america seriously when it comes to "touge" as they do in japan,of course not,especially when they have contestants on a touge segment that haven never even seen a mountain road lol,thats why all the contestants were brought out,and they drove the cars relentless ,with no proper layout.It was very unorganized,its all right there in the video.Nothing to really hide.It is more like "ok guys,test the cars one after another, lets get this over with and get back to japan for some real driving" lol rather than "ok lets see what touge drivers of america really have".I mean come on,numerous cars they test drove,they didnt even check the tires before doing the run,then they drive,come back "ohh this car was running racing compound,we didnt know",its disqualified now....come on,if everyone isnt even on equal tires to begin with,does that even say about being organized.

With the various roads we have here in america(especially california),i believe we deserve a bit more than what was offered for "AMERICAN TOUGE".These are just my opinions.A "touge showdown" can be take place on an american touge,just like when driving movies (from decades to present) take place on california mountain roads.

Last edited by iDiaz; 05-31-2006 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: Fixed [quote] tags.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
μ

Quote:
You say what alot of other people say,but i think you overlook the main thing of what i am saying,true touge=mountain road,the gunsai touge is on a cycle sports center,and the road is located on a mountain,that is a true touge,no matter if its a circuit/course or public road.That is what is my point what i am getting across.
Have you ever been to Horse Thief Mile? It's on a mountainside. Biome (desert vs forest) is a whole 'nother issue.

Quote:
Have you ever seen a driving movie,where they use public roads/mountains for driving scenes,and film for days on end for certain restricted hours.It can be done,on different specific roads.But i am not going to get into this on here,I believe BMI could have rent a few miles on desolate roads in different national forests all over california,Fast and furious 3 did it on one of the most popular roads around.Some food for thought.
Movies aren't competitions, though. It's all staged, filmed, then sped up in editing. A competition is something completely different, where human emotions come into play and people wreck, cause property damage, kill themselves and others, etc. Try to get the US Forestry Service to let you hold a competition on our canyon roads, and they'll laugh in your face at the thought of one of the cars tossing sparks into the tinderbox we call our touge.

Quote:
To me BMI doesnt take america seriously when it comes to "touge" as they do in japan,of course not,especially when they have contestants on a touge segment that haven never even seen a mountain road lol,thats why all the contestants were brought out,and they drove the cars relentless ,with no proper layout.It was very unorganized,its all right there in the video.Nothing to really hide.It is more like "ok guys,test the cars one after another, lets get this over with and get back to japan for some real driving" lol rather than "ok lets see what touge drivers of america really have".I mean come on,numerous cars they test drove,they didnt even check the tires before doing the run,then they drive,come back "ohh this car was running racing compound,we didnt know",its disqualified now....come on,if everyone isnt even on equal tires to begin with,does that even say about being organized.
I agree with you on the rules for cars that were allowed to compete there. I shook my head when I rolled in my street legal MCS and had to wait in line behind a bunch of trucks with Hachiroku's sitting pretty on their trailers. If you can't drive it on public roads to get to the track, you shouldn't be able to call it a touge car.

Quote:
With the various roads we have here in america(especially california),i believe we deserve a bit more than what was offered for "AMERICAN TOUGE".These are just my opinions.A "touge showdown" can be take place on an american touge,just like when driving movies (from decades to present) take place on california mountain roads.
Absolutely. Our roads put a lot of those Japanese roads to shame, but unfortunately, politics come into play when you start talking about holding a competition in an American forest.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:57 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to RFIbanez

I was a lil dissappointed also, most of the cars weren't street driven cars and I'm most have never been in the canyons. Some were fully built track cars that just rolled off the trailor.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:05 PM
Banned

ya i didnt even want to mention the trailered cars...it just got worse and worse as the dvd progressed,it was just really bad right off the bat when it started,when they were laughing at horsethief mile saying "this is the american touge course we will be running" hahahaa,imagine what they really thought "this course is a joke compared to our real touge showdowns" and yes i have seen horse thief mile before.

There are alot of loop holes in this country,especially in this state,if Fast and furious director/production can can rent out one of the most popular roads from the national forest service/whoever else they need permission.Im sure BMI can gather a handful of american touge drivers/cars,and do the samething like the japanese segments.All in all they can do 10 cars comfortable in two nights of shooting.FAST AND FURIOUS man,its about street racing and mountain racing with lil bow wow lol,and you are telling me i have to be worried about BMI,having two proffesional drivers,"Test" 10 cars out against each other.I dont see the problem.Do you see what i am saying man?You of all people were right there and see the layout.I dont see any valid reason/excuse after what fast and furious rented out FOR A RACING MOVIE lol Remember keiichi did alot of movies also,like freeway speedway,with various touge scenes.There are loop holes for filming where you want to film,even on mullholland drive.Doesnt matter if it was filming in the 60's or filming today,because its done all the time.BMI is a motorsport entertainment production company.I am not entertained by american touge dvds.But thats how it is,and what you say is most likely true,itll be a cold day in hell before they do it,but i voice my opinion because i know it can be done.It just has to be taken with determination,just like other dvd/movie companies.Politics always come into play,but there are always some way around it.I cant explain how fast and furious rented out that specific portion of the mountain,i nearly had a heart attack when i seen all the lights all over the mountain and various cars/camera crew etc etc,it was seen for miles.Filming on one of the most popular/talked about road,when they have closed down one part for years because of certain events,then a movie about mountain/street racing is allowed to film on a portion of it.Ohh well if BMI cant do it,ohh well,thats reality.

Last edited by HK1980; 05-31-2006 at 10:14 PM..
Old 05-31-2006, 10:08 PM
μ

Quote:
There are alot of loop holes in this country,especially in this state,if Fast and furious director/production can can rent out one of the most popular roads from the national forest service/whoever else they need permission.Im sure BMI can gather a handful of american touge drivers/cars,and do the samething like the japanese segments.All in all they can do 10 cars comfortable in two nights of shooting.FAST AND FURIOUS man,its about street racing and mountain racing with lil bow wow lol,and you are telling me i have to be worried about BMI,having two proffesional drivers,"Test" 10 cars out against each other.I dont see the problem.Do you see what i am saying man?You of all people were right there and see the layout.I dont see any valid reason/excuse after what fast and furious rented out FOR A RACING MOVIE lol Remember keiichi did alot of movies also,like freeway speedway,with various touge scenes.There are loop holes for filming where you want to film,even on mullholland drive.Doesnt matter if it was filming in the 60's or filming today,because its done all the time.BMI is an motorsport entertainment production company.I am not entertained by american touge dvds.But thats how it is,and what you say is most likely true,itll be a cold day in hell before they do it,but i voice my opinion because i know it can be done.It just has to be taken with determination,just like other dvd/movie companies.
I see what you're saying, but you're comparing apples and oranges.

BMI = All out testing to push the car to the absolute limit.

Fast & Furious = Driving 25 mph then making it look like they're driving to the absolute limit in editing.

In other words, there's very little risk involved in filming Fast & Furious movies, but with BMI, driving 10/10ths is mighty close to 11/10ths, and 11/10ths in a Southern California forest could mean a massive forest fire, possible lives lost, and millions upon millions in property damage.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:24 PM
Banned

Its not apples to oranges to me when you see things with your own eyes.They are filming for entertainment purposes,BMI is not holding a sanctioned race,BMI films for entertainment purposes,they just put two cars against each other,they are video taping two guys following each other on a mountain road.Just like in the movies.

The cars i had seen they were filming,werent driving slow,as well as "staging" accidents.... lol ill tell you that much.Its all taped in a controlled enviornment,forest fires,property damage,all that is taken care of with before hand.Thats a given.I am about done replying here.I voiced my opinion.Thats all i wanted to do
Old 05-31-2006, 10:28 PM
μ