motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Cornering Optimizing your suspension system.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Cornering

Old 08-20-2013, 09:08 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Airrex should go really low, they all have adjustable lower mounts so you can shorten the strut to keep ideal pressure in the bag at any height you wanna daily at.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:28 AM
μ

That is what I thought as well. Airrex definitely have adjustable lower mounts.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:08 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Well from what I have heard from multiple people at bagriders and other people running air setups is that the airrex don't go very low.... if they do, then that's great, ill buy those instead.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:04 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGLI View Post
Airrex should go really low, they all have adjustable lower mounts so you can shorten the strut to keep ideal pressure in the bag at any height you wanna daily at.
Might be a tire clearance issue matched with a stack height issue that would keep them from going low even if they have spinnable mounts
Old 08-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
Might be a tire clearance issue matched with a stack height issue that would keep them from going low even if they have spinnable mounts
That's what I was thinking would be the issue is stack height. Do airrex bags usually go pretty low?
Old 08-22-2013, 03:32 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanrw View Post
That's what I was thinking would be the issue is stack height. Do airrex bags usually go pretty low?
I don't know much about them. It's hard to ever say that though because it all varies so widely between makes and models based on their suspension designs.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 AM
N Rated - 87 mph

Damn...over here in the UK all I can find on offer for the R56 is the airrex, and with accuair e-level and everything else it comes in at something around 3300...or $5150! Interested to see how the bagriders kit works out. Although doubt it will be work out any cheaper after import/customs charges!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:16 PM
μ

so now the MINI bagriders kits are Airrex, from $2700 (manual management) to $4100 for Accuair touchpad e-level control.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:47 AM
H Rated - 130 mph

Wow I am so happy I got them before they switched to this new thing. It was $2200 for me versus what it is now, $3300. Must admit I would not buy it if it was originally $3300.
| Quicksilver Catback Exhaust | Accessport | Bag Riders | Forge FMIC | Megan Control-Arms | BBS Style-5 | ALTA CAI | ALTA 19mm RSB | Retrofitted Xenons w/ Black Housing And Red Shroud | Yakima Roof Rack | Tints | Black sports stripes | Shorty Antenna | Chrome Delete | A-C Stealth Door Handles | JCW CF Shift Knob |
Old 08-29-2013, 04:10 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblackminis View Post
Wow I am so happy I got them before they switched to this new thing. It was $2200 for me versus what it is now, $3300. Must admit I would not buy it if it was originally $3300.
Actually rali specifically told me that the fronts are $1500, the rears are $1500, and the switchspeed management is an additional $1300... I'm buying MkV fronts... Saving myself a good $700.... I can get new knuckles off a junker for $25 a piece if I have to.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:52 PM
H Rated - 130 mph

The rears are $1500!? Jeeez, I can KIND OF understand the fronts being $1500 because they have camber plates and are MINI specific, but the rears?! Come on! Yes if I were you I would absolutely buy the mkv fronts. If I sell the car I am planning on doing the same thing: get knuckles off a junker.
| Quicksilver Catback Exhaust | Accessport | Bag Riders | Forge FMIC | Megan Control-Arms | BBS Style-5 | ALTA CAI | ALTA 19mm RSB | Retrofitted Xenons w/ Black Housing And Red Shroud | Yakima Roof Rack | Tints | Black sports stripes | Shorty Antenna | Chrome Delete | A-C Stealth Door Handles | JCW CF Shift Knob |
Old 08-30-2013, 01:46 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblackminis View Post
The rears are $1500!? Jeeez, I can KIND OF understand the fronts being $1500 because they have camber plates and are MINI specific, but the rears?! Come on! Yes if I were you I would absolutely buy the mkv fronts. If I sell the car I am planning on doing the same thing: get knuckles off a junker.
Yup.... I even asked if the prices would ever go down and he flat out said no. So I don't have much of a choice on that but I will definitely save my money and buy the MkV fronts that I'm sure go just as low.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:21 AM
H Rated - 130 mph

Should probably do an update. Bags are doing great, absolutely love them. Had one of my rears snap in half and blow the bag (along with every other person who got the crappy AOS rears) and Bag Riders replaced them for free with the newer fully threaded struts. GET AIR RIDE
Old 09-30-2013, 11:47 AM
μ

You love to break your rear coils don't ya.