motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Safety & Race Preparation Roll cages, harnesses, seats, weight reduction, etc. Anything pertaining to taking your car to the highest level of performance.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Safety & Race Preparation

Old 12-29-2012, 02:53 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Hmmm. Yours was fine w/ only 1 resistor? Are there differences between US & Euro SRS? Or maybe the R56 & 1st gen? Mine threw the light w/ the OMP resistor into the green. I probably was a bit careless somewhere after seeing that light when I removed the fuse.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducks View Post
Only place that I know have them is http://www.minispeed.nl/product.php?...cat=37&model=2. I got it from them. Seen a few floating on german Ebay as well.
I may need to find this, I'm waiting to hear back from the mfg. of the wheel I'm looking into to see about a hub kit for my car, (they don't have one listed) I think it's probably the "other" diameter bolt pattern than the OMP/MOMO/Sparco....
Old 12-30-2012, 08:27 PM
μ

Send a message via MSN to ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsanity View Post
Hmmm. Yours was fine w/ only 1 resistor? Are there differences between US & Euro SRS? Or maybe the R56 & 1st gen? Mine threw the light w/ the OMP resistor into the green. I probably was a bit careless somewhere after seeing that light when I removed the fuse.
Yes, it was fine. Not sure if there is any difference between the US en Euro models. Do know that it worked on a UK r53. Don't use it anymore as I disabled all airbags in the ABG ecu.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:27 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducks View Post
Don't use it anymore as I disabled all airbags in the ABG ecu.
Yeah, followed what you did on MT. Everything you did to your R56 just leaves me in awe!

"I may need to find this, I'm waiting to hear back from the mfg. of the wheel I'm looking into to see about a hub kit for my car, (they don't have one listed) I think it's probably the "other" diameter bolt pattern than the OMP/MOMO/"

You can get the MINI specific OMP + adapter like what I did. Best to find that LUISI hub from where Ducks pointed. Haven't seen that 1 in my searches & can't read Dutch.
Old 11-28-2013, 05:06 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

So does the MOMO hub have a turn signal canceler or do I have to modify the hub? I need an adapter to run a luisi wheel right? Sorry if i'm being slow but I can't find straight answers.
Old 11-28-2013, 12:13 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

It should cancel just fine. If I remember right, there's a pin that should fit into a hole on my OMP hub. I had to make that hole just a bit bigger & deeper. Check & copy what's on your OE hub. Others cut that pin off which could eliminate the turn signal cancel.