motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Cornering Optimizing your suspension system.

Go Back   motoring|underground > On the Lifts > Cornering

Old 02-15-2014, 12:17 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Default Memory Steer. Steering Rack Bushings?

Hey guys, I've noticed my car has some memory steer and people say that sometimes after putting on new wheels in will happen and that's what i've done. I thought it may be the top hats but most people say it's the steering rack bushings. Anyone else ever have this problem? Would it be worth it to upgrade the steering rack bushing to Powerflex ones? I am going to get coilovers soon and was wondering if I should order those. Are they hard to replace? I have a rack to do it on just seeing if it's difficult to reach in there. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:57 PM
μ

Is it "memory steer" or "tramiling"(sp?) which is the wheels wanting to follow the ruts in the road and can feel worse with new tires. I get that pretty bad on my commute due to the heavy truck traffic near downtown.

No clue about the rack bushings, but if they are easy enough to get to, I'd probably replace them also depending on how many miles are on them and condition.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

No it's memory steer. It wants to go back the direction I just turned from. The car has 85k miles and I'm pretty sure all original bushings. I do get a lot of feedback through the wheel but that's from the lower of set and smaller profile and I'm okay with that.