motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

OTLounge Anything and everything NOT having to do with cars... for better or for worse!

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Overlook > OTLounge

Old 11-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Default whatcha listening to.......

Ok I've noticed some other sites (I won't mention any names:p ) have threads on what music people are listening to. I always thought it's so fun seeing what other people like and there seems to be a unique group people on here so I was wondering what everyone else listens to. I have two CD cases in my car and I think they both hold about 20 cd's each so here is what's in the first one:

the concretes-the concretes
notorious big - life after death
dj z-trip - uneasy listening volume 1
the shins - know your onion
okkervil river - don't fall in love with everyone you see
okkervil river - for real(theres nothing like the blinding light)
bowery electric - bowery electric
cyndi lauper - she's so unusual
hole - live through this
the pixies - wave of mutilation
radiohead - ok computer
mr. dibbs - primitive beats
dionne warwick - i say a little prayer for you

Well that does it for the first case. Case two coming soon........

Last edited by benthevegan; 11-14-2008 at 09:57 PM..
Old 11-26-2005, 02:21 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to jC

no cd's here, but the ipod's been tuned to "The Academy Is..." and "Jack's Mannequin" lately. Good call on the thread, I was gonna start one up telling people to post their various ipod playlists, but this will do nicely.

Update: Just downloaded the latest HIM album, Dark Light....4 songs deep and it's unbelievable. If your into super melodic metal, check it out...

jC

Last edited by jC; 11-26-2005 at 02:42 AM..
Old 11-26-2005, 02:44 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

ipods, cds, mp3s, eight-tracks, cassettes, records............it's all music:biggthump

I wish I had the money for an ipod right now. I have about 300 real cds(not burned ones ) and sometimes it's so hard to find stuff.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:50 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffC
no cd's here, but the ipod's been tuned to "The Academy Is..." and "Jack's Mannequin" lately. Good call on the thread, I was gonna start one up telling people to post their various ipod playlists, but this will do nicely.

Update: Just downloaded the latest HIM album, Dark Light....4 songs deep and it's unbelievable. If your into super melodic metal, check it out...

jC

I went to norway three years ago and I heard His Infernal Majisty(I won't call it him because that reminds me of bam margarea and I hate that guy) for my first time in some record store. I'm not a super die hard fan or anything but you should check out these two songs: 'salt in our wounds'(thulsa doom version) and 'it's all tears(drown in this love)' (unplugged version)
Old 11-26-2005, 02:52 AM
μ

Yes... Another Z-Trip fan. I have a ton of his sets. Truly an amazing DJ.

I just found a new (to me) band called Element Eighty. Sounds like a cross of Kurt Cobain singing over good Korn with a little Pantera mixed in. Quite interesting. I only have a couple songs so far but I'll pick up a Cd when I find it. Been listening to a lot of Hip-Hop lately too. Kanye West & OutKast.
-G
Old 11-26-2005, 02:57 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplygriff
Yes... Another Z-Trip fan. I have a ton of his sets. Truly an amazing DJ.

I just found a new (to me) band called Element Eighty. Sounds like a cross of Kurt Cobain singing over good Korn with a little Pantera mixed in. Quite interesting. I only have a couple songs so far but I'll pick up a Cd when I find it. Been listening to a lot of Hip-Hop lately too. Kanye West & OutKast.
-G

Yeah! Z-trip is so rad! I've seen him live twice and it was amazing. What ablums of his do you have. Here is my list:

uneasy listening volume 1
z-trip and radar - live a future primitive( if you into hip-hop check this one out for sure)
wfnx....(IMO the best one but really hard to find)
mix of a bunch of singles
Old 11-26-2005, 03:04 AM
μ

I have...
Grooveradio
w/DJ P Live @WMC Miami
w/DJ P Groovetech
w/DJ P Uneasy vol.1
Live promo 2003
Urban Revolution
B-Boy Breaks vol. 13
Bonnaroo
Live @ Thursday Uprock
The Unknown Side
WFNX
and that last CD he came out with. That's not in my iTunes yet so I don't remember the name. I got most of this stuff from his website a few years ago. I met him and Linkin Park for the second time on the Project Revolution Tour last year and got him to sign the Live Promo 2003 CD. Pretty nice guy.
-G
Old 11-26-2005, 03:11 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplygriff
I have...
Grooveradio
w/DJ P Live @WMC Miami
w/DJ P Groovetech
w/DJ P Uneasy vol.1
Live promo 2003
Urban Revolution
B-Boy Breaks vol. 13
Bonnaroo
Live @ Thursday Uprock
The Unknown Side
WFNX
and that last CD he came out with. That's not in my iTunes yet so I don't remember the name. I got most of this stuff from his website a few years ago. I met him and Linkin Park for the second time on the Project Revolution Tour last year and got him to sign the Live Promo 2003 CD. Pretty nice guy.
-G
Oh man you got to burn me some of these. I've heard groovetech and it was so good. I don't know how to download music so all of my cds are bought and it's hard because there is barely any in production. . I don't know if your a big fan of linkin park but I really, really hate them. I was so pissed when he brought mike shanona(?) at cochella. That's just my opinion though
Old 11-26-2005, 03:19 AM
μ

I am a big fan of LP but I totally understand people who aren't. There's just something about them I like. I dunno what it is though.

I can probably burn some of them for ya. or anyone else who want's them. They were never for sale so I don't think it's illegal to distribute them freely. I might need a little dinero for shipping though.
-G
Old 11-26-2005, 03:19 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

i usually Ipod it....

Bands i like

Widespread panic
String cheese incident
Phish
Bright Eyes
Brand new
Sun Kil Moon
Sufjan Stevens
Sublime
Jets to brazil
Sam roberts

Among others :p
Old 11-26-2005, 03:31 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to jC

I first got into HIM from the old CKY videos (for those that don't know, those are the element skate company videos pre-jackass)...their cover of "don't fear the reaper" is so goth creepy it's awesome...
Old 11-26-2005, 03:34 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Rally - I'm a huge fan of Bright Eyes. I've seen him six times now and every show is so, so good. He plays a show every valentines day and the last one I went to they played 'road to joy' as there last song. It was this crazy 15 min. long version and at the end they destroyed all the instraments they had been playing with the whole time. Thousand of dollars destroyed.......it was awesome! edit:jets to brazil are awesome too.

Simplygriff - Sorry, I got a little carried away. I don't really hate LP, I just don't care for them to much. I think all the hatered is because one of my friends loves them and he know I don't so everytime I'm in his car he is sure to put on any LP he has (really loud too) just to bug me . Anyways lets see if anyone else on here is into z-trip and then we might be able to set something up. Maybe you could even make a few bucks out of it.

Last edited by benthevegan; 11-26-2005 at 04:14 AM..
Old 11-26-2005, 03:47 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffC
I first got into HIM from the old CKY videos (for those that don't know, those are the element skate company videos pre-jackass)...their cover of "don't fear the reaper" is so goth creepy it's awesome...
Yeah I acually really like the old CKY vids. but now I can't stand bam. I think its because I've been skating for most of my life and I feel really passionate about it. When I see someone like bam completely sell out it gives a bad name to skateboarders IMO. Anyways, yeah I love the girls voice in their cover of 'don't fear the reaper'. Hey I don't know how much your into gothic music but there is this real good gothic cd I have called 'projekt:gothic'. It's more of the real gothic music whereas HIM is more of the rock/metal/image goth(not to say that he isn't goth because he is). The projekt:gothic cd has a real slow cover of 'don't fear the reaper' that is really good. Check it out if you get the chance and tell me what you think.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:26 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via AIM to nomonstersinme

uhm lately i've been listening to the new Madonna, 30 seconds to mars, death cab for cutie, postal service, my chemical romance, pulp, franz ferdinand.... weird mix.. i know.. i'm weird. this is in no way the kind of music i listen to all the time, btw.
how good is the new madonna single though? the album maybe not so much but the new single is great!
Old 11-26-2005, 07:35 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to MrBattle

i have been listening to alota john mayer, he is legend, coheed, dead poetic, darkest hour, emery, zao, city and colour(dallas green), alexisonfire, and blessed by a broken heart, as you can see i listen to mostly christian hxc