motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

Introductions New readers, introduce yourselves here!

Go Back   motoring|underground > Welcome > Introductions

Old 01-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldaddy View Post
no, it's not about just post count. it's about a positive contribution and a decent mix of on-topic (MINI related) and off-topic. one million posts in off-topic will not result in a positive vibe and stickers, more like the opposite...
+

Thats kinda what I figured...and if a dude was posting as a dick they would obviously not last long on this forum...you guys seem pretty close...

Maybe I will see some of you at MINI United this year.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:03 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUTCH View Post
So if i read this post right, ya gotta be a post whore in order to wear the decal? Mind the dialogue, but thats the only way to get the post count up...and to let people into our little slice of space. I appreciate the fact that you gotta earn your stripes, but is there a way to make it easier than to just post (regardless of whether it is good or not) 24/7...

I love you guys on MU...class act bunch'o'fellers...but being a Canuck, a lot of the time I just creep the forums as there is little I can add to the convo that would be deemed relevant. But I digress...I better get postin...
It's not really about post whoring. Some new member could come on and post 500 different posts without much substance and we probably wouldn't give them a sticker. (that is strongly discouraged by the way)

M|U is a close group of friends. When there are events, we all hang out together, help each other, cook meals together, and share in the good times. Online we joke with each other, listen to each others' problems, or help each other with questions. The sticker is a nice representation of this relationship that we all share as a group of friends. It's because of this that we don't hand them out to people that are brand new. We aren't saying you can't join in on the group of friends....the more the merrier. But like any house party where you're a stranger, you start fitting in by casually getting to know people through conversation. It could take 50 posts or 1000 posts, we would just like to reserve our stickers for those among this strange little family we've developed We just want to avoid handing someone a sticker and then never seeing them again.....then we feel like the girl who doesn't get a phone call the next day
Old 01-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Well, if you are looking to know what kinda person I am, just ask either Xiek or Lilcoopr. I will vouch for either one of them as well. regardless of stickers, to me it's all about the MINI...Lock Stock!!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:14 PM
μ

Thanks Rally. Well put and completely understood.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Konky

maybe I shouldn't have used "post count" rather date joined and participation. Hell, I don't even know 4boogie, anything about him or even he was on this site until this thread came up. Guess it's just a pet peeve when i see new members asking for stickers in their first few posts.

Well put Rally.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:29 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via ICQ to Xiek Send a message via AIM to Xiek Send a message via MSN to Xiek Send a message via Yahoo to Xiek Send a message via Skype™ to Xiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konky View Post
maybe I shouldn't have used "post count" rather date joined and participation. Hell, I don't even know 4boogie, anything about him or even he was on this site until this thread came up. Guess it's just a pet peeve when i see new members asking for stickers in their first few posts.

Well put Rally.
well in the noobs defence...

that is how one finds out information... by asking.. sure you may get tired of answering the same questions over and over, maybe I am used to that though having worked at McDonalds and answered the same questions a lot about what is on a new menu item.

I never lost it on a customer just cause they were the 100th person that day to ask me what came on the Big Xtra when it was a totally new menu item, or salads, or you get the point.

but that other post, nullifies the spirit of the decal, if you can buy them, or get them by writing in...

2004 EB Cooper | custom roof graphic | DDMN intake | tons of other vinyl | custom muffler | PIAA rally lights | 46 union jacks and counting.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
It's not really about post whoring. Some new member could come on and post 500 different posts without much substance and we probably wouldn't give them a sticker. (that is strongly discouraged by the way)

M|U is a close group of friends. When there are events, we all hang out together, help each other, cook meals together, and share in the good times. Online we joke with each other, listen to each others' problems, or help each other with questions. The sticker is a nice representation of this relationship that we all share as a group of friends. It's because of this that we don't hand them out to people that are brand new. We aren't saying you can't join in on the group of friends....the more the merrier. But like any house party where you're a stranger, you start fitting in by casually getting to know people through conversation. It could take 50 posts or 1000 posts, we would just like to reserve our stickers for those among this strange little family we've developed We just want to avoid handing someone a sticker and then never seeing them again.....then we feel like the girl who doesn't get a phone call the next day
Well put Rally, and it certainly puts things into perspective. Like Hutch, maybe times I just lurk around the forums reading and learning. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys & gals better and hope that will come in due time. Cheers.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Well put Rally
Old 01-28-2009, 09:34 PM
µ Leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcoopr View Post
I'm waiting for the fairy too... I hope mine is pink!!

But seriously, that's a good idea. Stickers to those who deserve it. Man I better get postin'
PM me your addy and I'll get them out to you.

Edit: I offered them to you long ago, but you never offered your address.

Last edited by Flamez; 01-28-2009 at 11:12 PM..
Old 01-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Send a message via ICQ to Xiek Send a message via AIM to Xiek Send a message via MSN to Xiek Send a message via Yahoo to Xiek Send a message via Skype™ to Xiek

That is understandable... and agree, that a sticker received has much more meaning then a sticker aquired.

I'd still like a fairy to deliver mine...

whether it be at the Dragon or AMVIV.. I'll leave my room door open...

I still have that random tagging sticker from my first dragon.. and the one I got last year too...
those are the best ones.

2004 EB Cooper | custom roof graphic | DDMN intake | tons of other vinyl | custom muffler | PIAA rally lights | 46 union jacks and counting.

Last edited by Xiek; 01-28-2009 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: missing word
Old 01-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Well said Rally! I hang out here a lot - but don't post much - Because of where I live I don't get to hang out in person much w/ the M|U gang, alittle at AMVIV, and I did make one Manic Mondays this year.
Will I get a sticker, maybe someday when the time is right. Sticker or not the gang from M|U has always made me feel welcome here, or in person!

(I did get a cool bottle of water and a key chain tho)

Nik
Old 01-28-2009, 09:49 PM
μ

great...now I'm that guy. didnt mean to offend anyone. I have much respect for family here and their work. I'm just here to learn. One day I hope to have built a piece of art worthy of being in the MU line-up but I'm just getting started. But know this, I plan on owning my Mini FOREVER. I didnt buy my car for an investment or cause of gas milage. I wanted this car since 02 but couldnt afford it until recently.

As I learn more about the car and the family here at MU, I will try contribute more to the disscusion here. Its prolly gonna be a bunch of questions at first but I will try. Again appologize to all who helped create this site. I'm just a little eager sometimes.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:02 PM
μ

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsmini View Post
Ahh great, now everyone will want one! <--- totally a joke ppl, lighten up!
Old 01-28-2009, 10:05 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Boogie View Post
great...now I'm that guy. didnt mean to offend anyone. I have much respect for family here and their work. I'm just here to learn. One day I hope to have built a piece of art worthy of being in the MU line-up but I'm just getting started. But know this, I plan on owning my Mini FOREVER. I didnt buy my car for an investment or cause of gas milage. I wanted this car since 02 but couldnt afford it until recently.

As I learn more about the car and the family here at MU, I will try contribute more to the disscusion here. Its prolly gonna be a bunch of questions at first but I will try. Again appologize to all who helped create this site. I'm just a little eager sometimes.
Hey Dude, don't feel as if you are THAT guy...It's all relative. Iv'e had my car since Aug2006 and eventually found my way into a cozy lil'family up here in ontario know as SOMC. Some of the folks at MU might know of it, but the one thing that I will always appreciate about the MINIculture is the fact that MINI people are more than happy to help a fellow MINIac out. I've seen it time and time again...Don't be afraid to ask questions. Whether it is here, your local dealer, or at your own home club. That is what these forums are all about, bringing people who have an affinity for the car together (that might be an understatement...more like sickness )
Old 01-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsmini View Post

Nik
Since when was there keychains on the offer table??? and here I thought there were only stickers available