motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

The Lineup Bringing you the sexiest rides team has to offer...

Go Back   motoring|underground > motoring|underground Presents... > The Lineup

Old 09-26-2014, 07:22 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to not-so-rednwhitecooper

Apparently, the 2016 refresh of the Mirage will include the Mitsubishi corporate grille so hopefully this will just be temporary until I can swap bumper covers.

I think I'm up to about 2400 miles now. I'm pleased with the car. The engine is a bit noisy at times. There's really no sound deadening on the firewall though. The geabox is notchy as hell and I sometimes (its happened about a dozen times now) end up grinding a gear because I'm not fully engaged into the next gear. The body roll is just awful. There is a rear sway bar available for the car but I just haven't had the money to buy it yet. Mitsubishi says they didn't put one on from the factory because the didn't feel it was required. The narrow tires cause the car to wander quite a bit in and out of the ruts on the road. I'm told this goes away when people install 6+ inch wide wheels and tires. The spoiler vibrates when its cold outside and buzzes when you go over bumps. I'm still chasing down two rattles inside the dash that are annoying me.

On the positive side, the car drives pretty good for what is it. Its fine on the freeway even with less than 80hp. Once the AC kicks on, the car really bogs down but it goes away with a little more gas. The keyless access and push button start are really nice. The rear seats don't fold flat but there's a lot of room back there when they are folded. 4 large adults fit comfortably in the car and it still has pep and doesn't handle like crap.

The lack of aftermarket parts is kinda irritating. Most of the people who make parts for this car are in the Philippines or Malaysia and trying to communicate with these guys is hard. Also, there are a TON of cool OEM accessories that I can only get from markets like Europe and Australia. I hope they will be sold here eventually.

I haven't had to deal with the dealership yet, so we will have to wait and see how that goes. I do all of my own maintenance so the only interaction I will probably have with them will be powertrain related warranty issues.
Old 09-27-2014, 12:08 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to iDiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
There's a dealer here with like 50 lined up on the front edge of his parking lot in assorted easter-egg styled colors. It caught me off guard when I first drove by. He originally had the whole lot lined with all white Evos.
Hahah the one on Harbor Blvd near the 405? It cracked me up every time I drove past it and saw dozens of Evos lined up. NOPE.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:54 PM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDiaz View Post
Hahah the one on Harbor Blvd near the 405? It cracked me up every time I drove past it and saw dozens of Evos lined up. NOPE.
Haha exactly!