motoring|underground  
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Blog

The Garage The place to show off your pride and joy. Show us your motoring masterpiece herein!

Go Back   motoring|underground > The Pits > The Garage

Old 09-09-2008, 12:49 AM
Retired

I think it all comes down to how you want to take it Dan. I have heard of your issues, over the many years I have known you, with all types of tuners. I won't disagree that customer service from most vendors is lack luster, but I also feel you have expectations for "ultimate" performance and standards that are hard to meet...especially from a tuner that is sooooo far away from you.

And yes, I do think you need to toughen up a bit, after all the smack talk I see you dish out here, and criticisms you leave not only here, but for others on other boards. One word like "warpath" should not be enough for you to get your panties up in a bunch....I honestly thought you were tougher than that, maybe I am wrong. I never expected you to turn tail and run like you did, and deleting posts, just never saw that in your character. Considering your own strong opinions on internet forums, cars, magazines, etc....I would not have thought you would have been so sensitive.

And....do you honestly feel, honestly, that you are completely void of responsibility in this situation? You yourself said to me that you pissed off Jan, and now he won't talk to you as much. Well, relationships, even with vendors, is a 2 way street, you yourself have admitted that to me.

I guess I am just disappointed in how you are going down with this stuff. Obviously some wrong decisions were made, and now you have second thoughts, and regrets as to what you have ended up with....but remember, this is where you wanted to go with your car, pushing it to the limits....knowing that the limit was close. That much work is bound to have inherent problems, and those are not solely the vendor's part....and having some members here, team or not, criticize you should not make you so sensitive, IMHO. Seeing your posting style on LGT, NAM, Nuts, here, you can't expect everyone to always sing your praise, can you? Do you honestly expect that?

The picture painted by your own descriptions is not all that flattering....and to be honest, I have not read all the happenings, or the stuff you sent me over the year....I can't keep up with it, nor did I want to follow the drama or issues with another vendor, etc.

As far as insulting....what goes around comes around. I have seen you equally insult people's style, thoughts, posting efforts, so, again, what goes around, comes around. Internet persona has a lot to do with how people see you, and how they react to your posts, much like the reaction to the post about the exhaust which you deleted. I can't say I blame them, not saying I agree with them, I have my own opinions, and they come with a history of knowing you for years, and how things have turned out for you with several different cars and vendors.

I know my opinions here won't make you happy, but it is what it is.....just wish you were not being such a wimp about this...running like you are doing, deleting your posts is just silly, IMHO.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Do you know why he was pissed at me? No. Do you know that he and I hung out and drank beers after? No. Don't assume you know the story.

As for the rest of it...if you never bothered to read anything I shared with you, then joke's on me and your opinion doesn't mean **** to me then.

I'm not 'running' Jon - you know that's crap - I've chosen not to share any more with a forum that clearly feels I don't belong. So be it. Not the first and not the last.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:15 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGT View Post
I've chosen not to share any more with a forum that clearly feels I don't belong. So be it. Not the first and not the last.
No sense in over-generalizing.....I personally don't give a sh1t about this issue (and I'd bet that most of the other members feel the same). You posted something you wanted to share, someone questioned it and you felt like it was an unfair treatment. He's allowed to question, and you're allowed to respond however you want. Wanna delete the posts as to avoid a big fight? Cool....that should probably be done more often in many cases as it helps keep things chill.

Just want to say that just because a few people questioned you doesn't mean the entire forum feels like you don't belong. I say we just move on. People said their thing....let's get back to joking around and talking about our cars again. I like that better than bickering
Old 09-09-2008, 01:50 AM
μ

Come on Dan. It's nothing personal. We all have different opinions at times. No biggie... let's get this thread back on track.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

it's not a difference of opinion that's at issue. it's now two μ members who say I caused this and brought it on myself. Horse****. Jon even told me he had a bet running that I'd eventually post that I had issues with this vendor. How's that for ****ed up? Some 'friend' he is, chatting about me behind my back like that.

I'll say it so it's clear...RMW is the best you can get for the R53. That's doesn't mean the stuff is perfect.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:12 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Rally

2 people out of like 200 members....it's not like this is the first time you've butted heads with someone on the internet People disagree sometimes.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:18 AM
μ

Quote:
it's not a difference of opinion that's at issue. it's now two μ members who say I caused this and brought it on myself. Horse****. Jon even told me he had a bet running that I'd eventually post that I had issues with this vendor. How's that for ****ed up? Some 'friend' he is, chatting about me behind my back like that.

I'll say it so it's clear...RMW is the best you can get for the R53. That's doesn't mean the stuff is perfect.
I got ya.. I meant more what rally said... sometimes peopel disagree... but who cares. Even if it's a team member... they have their own opinions... as do I... I think this whole thing is blown out of proportion. You and I always enjoy talkin **** on NAM and here. Just having fun... poking fun... etc etc.

I really think this is just a misunderstanding of various things. One main thing is tone of a person get's lost in posting. You may be reading the things posted with more aggression... I dunno... Just a thought. I know Some people read me in a much more serious way than I ussually mean to come off. Oh well, I cant help them if that's how they think people are.

not to say you are doing that. Just saying it happens.

anywho. This isnt how we roll or what anyone wants. I think that's pretty clear at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally View Post
2 people out of like 200 members....it's not like this is the first time you've butted heads with someone on the internet People disagree sometimes.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:57 AM
Retired

Quote:

Are you kidding me Dan? Like you have never talked about anyone behind their back? Pah-lease. You are not that holy, and I am not gonna stroke your ego like that.

If you really think my responses were that I was saying you CAUSED this, you are really reading it wrong, and that is your fault...I am saying that it takes 2 to tango, so you had to have some part in it, period. It is not always someone else's fault. Get over yourself already.

Rally and Tuls can stroke your ego all they want, but I know times when you have stabbed me and others in the back, the confidential emails you sent me, so, quit placing blame on others for the same actions you yourself have done. The crap you tell me is "secret", then you jeopardize my relationship with vendors due to things i have told you in confidence for your own self serving tirades. You personally put a huge strain on my friendship with Randy, just to prove a point that you felt needed to be public. So, get over yourself.

I can't believe how much you are bitching out on this, and now it is public since you won't read my emails, etc, cuz they hurt your feelings. Well, when you pigeon holed me out over the Randy issue, I stayed chill, and dealt with it, and have worked my ass off to remain friends with Randy...so, get over your crap already.

Put up or shut up, quit crying, at this point, I could care less if you leave, it this is how you are going to cry. That is the first time I have ever told you anything remotely critical about how you are...and in one swoop, you all of a sudden are crying and feel hated by an entire forum. Well, we could all use some constructive criticism now and then, including me. Believe me, I have eaten my share of humble sandwiches in the past few months...over what? a car forum? Takes the fun out of it, so now I just try to stay positive and have fun again. But our history, I felt I owed it to you as a "friend" to let you know how I see things, with our nearly 4 year history of knowing each other. If you are going to shut me down for one criticism, then you show your true colors. I expected more of you, considering how you basically have bitch slapped me in the past with confidential conversations that you made public. I got over it, moved on, still tried to show you respect, but now....I am so over it due to your complete lack of maturity....refusing to read emails, telling me to F off after one critical post of your actions. Read that post again, I did not say you were the one at fault, but I said you have to admit to having at least some responsibility in the matter, period. You won't admit that, nor will you ever see why people have all of a sudden become critical of you.

Yes, I made a bet that you would complain, because that is your M.O., you love a vendor, then hate the vendor when it does not go your way. I have learned that about you over the years. Can you honestly say you have never talked about me behind my back? I doubt it....I have plenty of issues, and I am a dick, so I am sure you have talked about me behind my back...who cares? I don't. Quit being such a lil beotch about it and move on to posting about your car and solutions to your problem...so others can learn. Answer the criticisms with maturity, and educated responses...let other people learn from your vast experience on many different platforms.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:11 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to Konky

yeah...um... so this thread officially sucks now.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:12 AM
μ

drama

Old 09-09-2008, 03:14 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Jon - I never 'outed you' to Randy. You were whining about him ****ing you over to me and I mentioned an 'unnamed person' in a nutswinging thread about Randy who wasn't taken care of (you felt the need to whine to me yet wouldn't man up and deal with it yourself). You decided to post and *tada* pwned yourself. Congrats.

I've never 'loved' M7 nor Perrin - you need to put down the crack pipe. Those are the vendors you were referring to and I had issues with products from both from the start and never had good things to say about either. Both failed miserably when resolving issues but I guess I should accept that eh? No.

Last edited by PGT; 09-09-2008 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: F off Lynn Gleason...go back to stealing from old folks
Old 09-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Y Rated - 186 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konky View Post
yeah...um... so this thread officially sucks now.
it sucked a page or so ago, but, thanks for confirming
Old 09-09-2008, 03:20 AM
μ

haha no problem

Old 09-09-2008, 03:35 AM
μ

Send a message via AIM to hollis3

alright, this is too much B.S. for me.

If you really want to compare this to AMVIV, why not PM one of the admin. There is a bit of a difference here. I really don't think any of us including Danny want to deal with it publically anymore.
To compare the two is just plain wrong. A post vs. a car.

If you are upset over post 527, isn't this getting a bit overboard? You disagree with what he said. Ok.
His post was not a huge attack, it was a disagreement. members disagree with each other all the time.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:42 AM
μ

f u hollis